Sunday, May 4, 2014

May 4 Position Report

5/4/14 Wandering Dolphin POS

09 19.69 N.  086 03.44 W
SOG 6.0kt
COG 273T

Wind: NNW 8
Temp: 86.4 F
Pressure: 29.6
Sky: Partly Cloudy
Seas: - 1/2 ft.

Motoring 1800 RPM
Sails: Full Main and Genoa set

Good Morning!

It was a nice first day and night.  It did take the kids a while to get settled in yesterday.  There was a lot of bickering over chores and whose "turn" it was to do whatever...  Beck made me laugh though.  She calmly said to them, "I think next time it's my "turn" to cook supper I will just make some for myself."   On the other hand my response to their bitching was to give them an extra day of that chore and growl like a grizzly bear.   It is quiet now anyway... 5:30 a.m. has its advantages.

I am watching a beautiful sunrise right now and thinking about putting a line I the water... I won't though because our fridge is full to the rim and I don't know what we'd do if we caught another 5 foot fish!

Last night we watched another episode of "The Office."  We are watching the whole series again because it was so fun.  After supper we watched our first episode of season three of "The Walking Dead."   They always leave you hanging and it sure is hard not to just watch another but we are rationing them.  In case you are wondering, someone is still on watch during our evening show, I have the AIS on my phone and the radar is going right beside me at the Nav. station and every 10 minutes either EmilyAnne or myself looks around outside.

We sure enjoyed all of the messages from people on the Iridium phone.  Thanks!  Here's your answers:

Aline, "He's a midget."

Jim V.  "Humphrey cracked the kids up and tell your daughter, we don't take actual samples of the water we just take the data reading on the depth of the phytoplankton.  We've hit a snag though, the boat can't be moving at all to take the reading and that is almost impossible to achieve.

Danielle, "Do you mean you visited us at the farm in Montana?  That was more than 5 years ago, we've been on the boat for almost 9 years now. 

And one other person sent us SEVEN messages but no name in the message spot so we are not sure who you are... We were guessing Aline but the style seems different... Remember we need a name in the email spot ;)

Crazy J:  just got your msg this morning... Thanks!  But again... We know sooooo many crazy people whose names start with J.  More of a hint to name please.

Ok and our final part of every morning's report by request is: "What we're eating!"

Yesterday:  Lunch was PBJ sandwiches, apples, and a lemon poppyseed muffin.  Supper was hot wing sauce sloppy joes with cheddar cheese and home cut French fries.

Day 1 down... My chart plotter said 42 days left all day yesterday because we were so slow but it says 31 days now...

Have a GREAT day!
Captain Tofer, Becca, Ems, Kanyon, Kaleb, Big Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment