Saturday, May 17, 2014

May 17 Afternoon Position Report

GMT 2200
10 45N. 106 34W
COG 295
SOG 7 knots

May 17th day 15
Family report from Bec

And we are moving right along at an average speed of 7.5 knots with seas of 8 to 10 ft. in east swells.  At this speed we can see a light at the end of the tunnel.  This morning began with everyone irritated at each other.  Someone was in someone else's airspace or they were sitting in their spot.  Yes, we each have a spot to call our own.  It was a glorious morning NOT!  Once the grumbly gremlins were fed, tempers lessened.  It is funny how we can be the best of friends and worst of enemies all at once.  To be honest it drives me crazy and I snap without warning.  After my outburst the boat goes back to neutral with eyes fixed on what I might do next.  Today was simply taking a nap and letting the others work it out.  I woke to a calm boat with Emily on watch & boys playing with their toys.  Laughter once again was ringing throughout WD.  It's great to see all three boys playing with their stuffed animals together.  They make their little funny voices as each stuffed animal talks to the others... The stuffed animals topic of conversation today...cheeseburgers and french fries!

A few night ago I was trying my wit at changing Dr. Seuss quotes into what was happening on WD.   The two I thought of:

Quote to Em on day 10
"Don't cry because the wind is lite
Be happy we have wind!"

And when the squalls kicked in all I could think of was
"I don't like this, Sam I Am!
Give it time peeps, It is only day 15 of 35 I will figure out a good quote soon.
From the diary of Bec;
Life has so much to offer, so don't settle on so, so.  Go for it, follow your heart, your dreams & passion.
We want to thank
Jared for the riddle about US!
Aline for taxing our brain with the brain teasers oh and Hollywood gossip Steve & Katie, Ramen does rule!
Jim V you always make us laugh
Shannon haha thanks for early morning laughter
Carl great history lessons yet again
Caveman for being our news guy and much more
And Mike for being our IT/ shore support guy...
Until tomorrow my friends, be safe and eat something yummy for us and msg us and describe it!  Yes we want to be tortured!
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment